1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Have been using 100/90 Rally bulbs on my Punto for more than 1.5 years. No issues till date for reflectors
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    No response received.....posting again....please help selecting better one

Thanks in advance:)

Planning to change my punto HL to 100/90w, currently using Phillips Xtreme vision(55/60W), due to whitish beam driving during rain getting difficult.

Confused between Phillips EssentialVison & Essentialpower, please suggest which one is good for driving in rains also any other brand(hella/bosh..etc) some one used...?
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Philips Rally 100/90 is good for driving in all conditions.
  4. Philips rally any day, they are the best. I had Narva earlier, no use. Very happy with Philips Rally 100/90
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the most easy and cheaper option for punto owners is 100/90. its a headache for linea.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Thank you all for the response...will update the performance once get it changed.

Planning to do DIY with sourcing the components or should i have it done from experienced electrician.......what do you all suggest?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  7. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    I am also using a 100/90 for almost 6 months now and it is very good . I bought an imported one from JC Road - Bangalore for around Rs.1000
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    DIY will be very easy. simplest connections of all. i have connected the relay kits myself in other cars.

get a 100/90 philips rally bulbs.- they just cost peanuts. get a hella relay and wiring kit which has ceramic holders. black wires go to earthing , red to positive of battery. rest all are plug and play pins.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Upgraded the lights with Osram NB+. Been always satisfied with the old NB (even my bikes run on Osram NB), I did not look around much when I had to upgrade the lights for my Punto.

Paid 1k, and the results are good. The beam throw and spread is good and it is much brighter than the stock lights.

Since it is of same wattage, no relays, no fuse, nothing - just plug and play.