1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Yes i got them in bangalore,Koramangala(near Forum).PM me if you need exact address.

2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello all,

I just upgraded my 1.3 mjd ep head lamp bulbs to 130/90.

Hella wiring kit is used. No wire cutting involved.

One adapter is slotted to one(left side) of the head lamp bulb holder new ceramic holder from the wiring kit are slotted to the new bulbs two red wires are connected to the battery positive terminal. There is a blank bolt for this purpose is used. one negative terminal is connected to the battery for left lamp and to the chasis for right bulb.

That is all. Stock Right side bulb holder is left unused.

getting good lighting.

Bulbs used are Hella Rally.

Wiring kit includes fuses and relays.
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @ mvb

Do post up an introduction of yourself dude. :)

And , beware of the headlamp dome blackening due to the immense heat that will be produced by the quite high rated 130/90 bulbs.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Exactly! The headlights might also melt..They produce a lot more heat than 100/90!
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    has anyone extensively used 100/90 bulbs in punto/linea? i want to know whether there are any ill-effects on the head lights like getting dull or something similar sorts.

i am using philips rally 100/90 bulbs in my other cars and they are awesome. no other 55 or 65 watts be it osram NB or anyother matches its performance.

if the linea head lamp plastics are good enough to run them without burning then i am PRO for it.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I have been using it for past six months and I haven't seen any blackening/ darkening yet. Can post pictures tomorrow if possible

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  7. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ^IMO they'll get dull for sure ..
    i have many cars with 100/90 bulbs and they gets dull after a long usage .. PRojectors is the way :D
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    generally i recommend people to use high wattage on high beams for highway use. on highways we travel at high speeds and the headlights get enough cooling due to airflow and they dont get that hot.

but in case of linea the low beam is more bad. i want to double check if high wattage causes dullness to the glass or reflector.

@ teky- what bulbs are you using?
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I tend to agree on the low beam part. I'm using hella along with original hella relays

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All,

Planning to change my punto HL to 100/90w, currently using Phillips Xtreme vision(55/60W), due to whitish beam driving during rain getting difficult.

Confused between Phillips EssentialVison & Essentialpower, please suggest which one is good for driving in rains also any other brand(hella/bosh..etc) some one used...?
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011