1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Hmm. i guess its diff in Punto & Linea but make sure we have those covers on to keep the Bling Bling factor in the Headlamps. As might lead to an ugky looking old grey headed eyes on your car.
  2. nithindev

nithindev

Bangalore
    @Cinju- Thanks for the info.. I am little concerned about the white light of OSNB+.. I have heard that white night is not that useful during rains. Is that true? Has anyone installed OSNB+.. Can you please throw some light on the performance of OSNB+ in rains?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rest assured the light from NB+ is not white. Overall it is still yellowish. Only a tad whiter than the stock bulbs.

Here are a few pics posted by TFIan Axn.

Gurjinder.
  4. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Osram NBP

Hi I am going to get NBP tomorrow or day after tomorrow the guy i called is from Osram India P.Ltd from Mumbai Mr. Vijay Nair cell no. 919987564934 for Rs.950/- for a pair.Pune & Mumbai guyes should contact him he promised to deliver at Dhayal Motors at Sachapir Street near camp Pune, I have got nice Punto MJD ACTIVE bosa nova white.
    DEEPAK
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  5. Guys i have got 100/90 Narva [Germany] bulbs installed, used a hella made relay for my car. Outcome - I am not that much satisfied, probably because i had a sky high hopes of the after effect.

Overall: Good and better than the stock ones.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    These bulbs were pretty good in my logan, you need a ballast though!

images.jpg
  7. Have you done the upgrade Sir?
    If so, where did you get the bulbs? Please reply
    If we can do it together, Send me a PM (I have no experience changing car bulbs!)
  8. I have changed to OSRAM NBP last week and observed huge difference between stock bulbs and NBP.
    It tool just 5 mins to change the bulbs and no alterations required.
    I got these bulbs from autoshop for Rs.1100/- including installation.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    In bangalore? Please provide details. I plan to get NBP.
  10. Guys, be careful on upgrading the bulbs. The boot cap would be cut to makeway for additional relay wires resulting in condensation of your headlamps. The gain is only marginal. If at all you want to upgrade, go for philips rally bulbs [costs 150 or so for each], white light is just a gimmick and there is no real advantage i can see by having them.