1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

100/90W bulbs/ Punto headlamp upgrade thread

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 21, 2010.

1. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Is there anyone who has fitted 100/90 Watt Bulb in place of stock 60/55 Watt bulb :anyone

Some people says,holder of punto is differant. Kit is not available.

Dealer says there are cases of sealed beam getting black due to high wattage (100/90 watt Bulb)

Active model has not fog lamps so 100/90 watt bulbs are necessary

Can I install Head lamp relay without tampering wiring of my myltijet

Please inform
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: 100/90 Watt Headlamp bulb

Change the stock 60/55 bulbs to Osram Night breaker or Philips Xtreme Power or Philips Xtreme Vision (Not available in India) (All these bulbs provide around 40-50% extra light and larger beam though yhry advertise as 90%, 80%, 100% extra light respectively)
    Have Philips Xtreme Power in 800 and they are good.
    Linea takes H1 and H7 bulbs. Don't know about Punto
    100/90 does heat the reflector much more than 60/55 bulbs do.
    If you go 100/90 way you have to install a relay and take power directly from battery.
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Vijay
    But what about doubt of reflector getting black.
    Have you installed 100/90 Watt ?
    how many km you are using 100/90 ?
    Have you experienced reflectors getting black?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

I don't know about reflector getting black in Linea/GP as I haven't upgraded to 100/90 but it does got black in matiz.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Go for Philips Blue vision bulbs if you need 100/90 bulbs..

My friends Ratan and Quaid who own a Punto Active and dynamic respectively got Crystal vision bulbs in their car.. Its bright and nice... ITs not 100/90 though its 60/55 bulbs but throws out 5000K light...
    They cost abt 1000 bucks in Mumbai also the best point it u dont need to shell that extra bucks for the relay cutout which is not the case for 100/90 bulbs...

Check the link out..
    http://www.lighting.philips.com/us_en/a ... d=&lang=en
    1 person likes this.
  6. Re: 100/90 Watt Headlamp bulb

Is Crystal Vision brighter than Xtreme Power ?
    I use philips xtreme power bulbs but they are not that great even though they emit 80 percent more light than than the OE ones (as advertised).
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

I guess Xtreme power are yellow lights and are brighter than Crystal vision.. Crystal vision is White lights and are pretty bright..

I'm still not very sure abt the Xtreme power as ive not checked those personally yet...
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Crystal vision is good in city conditions but it is not good for highway.
    Xtreme power is better than Crystal vision. the latter one is for bling factor
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Well i drove on a Blue Vision for 3 yrs in my Wagon R.. I didnt have any issues it was a 100/90 bulb... Now my mates have Crystal vision which is also pretty good as stated by them for night driving..

IF u still need bright lights go for HID's..
    Ive got p4 HID's on my punto... H4 bulbs with 9000k output... Its simply awesome...
  10. Re: 100/90 Watt Headlamp bulb

I use xtreme power in my GP they are certainly better than the OEM, but still you its not what you would want. I do run at low beams in city and I am ok with that but many a time I have to go for high beams.