1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

10 Lakh Kms In Skoda Fabia Diesel year 2000 make.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 5, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think this is the old 1.9 - the one which we had here in the Octavia. A bulletproof engine if ever there was one.So not really surprised by it. Kudos to the owner for taking it to a million kms. Youtube is full of videos of this engine crossing 5 lakh++.

That, I am afraid, is grossly untrue. You can get them for 2500-2800 easily. Trust me. I've been driving one for nearly 8 years now. Were you quoted this price or did you hear it from someone?

On another note :

Palio D's went 3 lac + km without overhauling the engine easy. Unless the owner was a muppet and abused the engine. Also, check this thread out. A Palio run 7 lakh km's with one engine rebuild. From the outside it looked no worse than a 6 month old Indica :). http://www.teamfiat.co.in/hangout/3778-7-lakh-run-palio-d.html

When serviced regularly and used mostly on the highways - almost any car will last well.

Rajan - Good example. Another often forgotten is the Enfield. There is no end to how many 1lac+ km run Enfields are roaming around in India. I know of one having run 2.5 lacs and still on original piston. Only new rings were installed at around 2 lac kms.

Cheers.
    varoon9999, DeLineated and PatchyBoy like this.
  2. Let it take what ever ,I will try keep running my car unless it becomes totaled. Engine parts should not be hard to find as Suzuki and Tata uses them. 500000 kms is my target, I have another 90% of it left to cover.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Your target WILL be met, I am very much sure.

It's more of a hype than reality that some cars ( especially FIATs) start eating money after some years/mileage. Only last week I had the starter-motor of the Palio serviced and new carbon brushes installed. Total cost = 650Rs. It is as good as new now.

So, godspeed.
    2 people like this.
  4. Am sure many of us would know the world record of the highest mile churner belongs to a Volvo car. The first owner is still driving it and is expected to complete the 3 million mark this September. It has been overhauled just twice for all these 30,00,000 kms
  5. [h=1]Volvo owner clocks up 3 million miles[/h]

volvo.jpg Barcroft Media

A retired teacher is about to complete his 3 millionth mile in his Volvo P1800S.

Proving that they don't build them like they used to, Irvin Gordon's car, built in 1966, has covered an average of 64,000 miles a year and has not once broken down.

Careful maintenance is the key to Mr Gordon's automotive feat. Despite spending just £2,650 on the car when he bought it, he has lavished attention on it throughout its hard life.

The P1800S has been through 857 oil changes, 30 new drive belts, 150 spark plugs and has slurped its way through 120 bottles of transmission fluid.

Mr Gordon regularly averages 63,000 miles annually, though has occasionally put over 100,000 miles on the car in a single year.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, he said: "Most people think I'm crazy that I've clocked up so many miles but driving is my drug of choice.

"I used to go on driving holidays and had a 125-mile commute to work, so the miles have just added up."

The New York resident has held the world record for the highest mileage car since the P1800S passed the 1.6 million mile mark back in 2002. To celebrate this latest milestone, he plans to take the car on a trip to Alaska.

Clearly a big part of his life, Mr Gordon commented that he would sell the Volvo for a dollar a mile, joking that "It's just been driven on weekends" and that it was "practically new".

The Volvo P1800 once had a starring role in 'The Saint' as the favoured wheels of character Simon Templar, played by Roger Moore.
    1 person likes this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    just to add to this discussion. My car has done 42k and i know its too little but on my recent trip to pondy i felt that the engine was so smooth i didn't feel it had done that much.
    This just instills confidence when people all around me talk about selling cars simply becuase its done 60K, or 70K in 8 years.
    After seeing folks doing >50K in less than 3 years i'm almost sure if that my car is ready to see the magic 7 digit figure.

PS :: all this was done on 2 year old fluids and oil which has done about 13.5k (MD-1).
    Time for fluid overhauls.
  7. Even i feel the same, other than fancy stuff i did to my car actual cost on spares is Rs 7k till date.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its the lack of knowledge on automobile engineering,if one knows do's and dont's then definitely the engine will last long.Due to our roads too our cars have to suffer alot,mainly affecting the mechanical life. Munching miles on Indian roads is much different than on european roads.
    Looking at my punto(75Hp) condition,steering feel,turbo kick and marathon runs, i'm 100% that car will not give me any troubles for another 1Lakh Kms. Currently ODO @ 1,98,000Kms not far from 2Lakh Kms.
    Skoda 10Lakh Kms,engineering at its best with good quality practices.
    PradeepM, gpunto75, KPR and 2 others like this.
  9. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    My brother's 2011 Fabia TDI have completed 1lac and 26k Kms so far and it's power is still like day 1.
    I personally feel that Fabia's initial pickup is the best among diesel hatches, its extreme German engineering.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
    Ganges likes this.
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    My T Jet crossed 1,20,000 Kms now. Looks good for another 50,000 Kms atleast.
    PradeepM and Ganges like this.