1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

10 Lakh Kms In Skoda Fabia Diesel year 2000 make.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jul 5, 2013.

1. [h=1]A German Completes 10 Lakh Kms In His Skoda Fabia Diesel[/h] discussinforums.png

on July 4, 2013
    in Skoda Fabia

Skoda-Fabia-1-Million-Reading.jpg
    Peter Kirchhoff from Germany, has completed the 1 million km (10 lakh) mark in his 2000 Skoda Fabia 1.9 TDI. Kirchhoff planned such a trip to the Skoda Museum in his Fabia that the odometer would show 9,99,999 kms when he reaches the museum in Mlada Boleslav, Czech Republic. He was welcomed and congratulated by Skoda representatives for reaching a big milestone in his Fabia. He bought the Fabia on July 3, 2000 and since then he keeps track of each and every km driven and money spent on the car.
    Kirchhoff reached 5,00,000 km in July 2007. The car is in its original condition including the exhaust system, engine, clutch and transmission all working in good condition thanks to the regular and keen maintenance. The Fabia never lets its owner down except for once, when at 3,05,000 km, a porous wire harness caused a breakdown on the road. Kirchhoff will continue to drive his Fabia until the third-generation model hits the showrooms and then he will donate this model to the Skoda Museum.
    Kirchhoff drives the first generation Skoda Fabia, which was in production from the year 1999 till 2007. His Fabia features a 1.9-litre TDI diesel engine, which produces 99 BHP of maximum power at 4000 RPM and 240 Nm of torque between 1800-2400 RPM. Currently, the Skoda Fabia is in its second generation, which has been discontinued from India due to poor sales. The third generation Skoda Fabia is expected to be introduced in 2014, which will be developed on the new modular MQB platform from Volkswagen.
    Skoda-Fabia-1-Million.jpg

Source motorbeam.com
    9 people like this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    what happens top the odo after this? does it get reset to 0?
    2 people like this.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Naveen a good question.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    May not be a surprise in Europe where cars are built to last, and delivering a defective car can screw up the automaker's happiness. There, customers are empowered.
    Impossible in quality-unconscious India. :) We don't have the confidence even for a lakh kms with factory fitted stuff! Here customers are unpowered or under-powered, at the mercy of automakers.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  5. True, I am surprised by the time car reaches 3 years , people are already thinking of selling!! One of my office mate sold his Honda city after 5 years but only 24000 on ODO, car did not have even a micro scratch.
    I feel it is big loos of money to sell the car with out utilizing or thinking about return on investment.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    2 people like this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

1.9 Tdi is a work horse.
    I have always believed that old bigger engines though low on power,have better tolerances,hence last long.
    Modern day small engines,make as much power or even more than bigger engines,but they cant really last that long.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    True that.
    In India it looks to me like a viscous circle about outsourcing,where dealers dont keep it-Manufacturer do not give it -Customers dont buy it unless there is a 'authorised' tag-hence dealers dont keep it.Then how does one keep a car more than 3 year?

Moreover there is the Ego issue-driving an old car,saving money by outsourcing (kanjoos) self servicing.

- - - Merged Post - - -

My be these new smaller engines are built using exotic materials which are made for purpose than to last.
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    there are many factors for such a long life of the car i feel.
    Fuel quality
    spares quality
    road quality
    road sense

"All of which are hopeless in India" . So the cars naturally tend to degrade by themselves.
    its another thing that good quality cars do have a long life even in india but we dont want to use it for that long either
    4 people like this.
  9. May not be 10L but why not 5L kms, there are several Punto's close to 2L kms ,why it can't run another 3L kms?
    I have also seen Qualis still going strong after 6L kms, I used to commute in this for month before buying a car for me.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This 10 Lakh mark may not be a far dream here in a country like India where we can see all those old Amby's, Vans, Matador, Lorries our RTC Buses itself is a big example and our old power mill Premiers running in Mumbai and other parts may have run even far miles in their life.