1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1 year, 4 months and almost 45,000 kms after, I'm in awe! (Punto MJD Emotion)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by cassini, Apr 26, 2014.

1. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cost of Service at KHT FIAT Bangalore

Note that the first and second free services were done at KHT's TATA/FIAT combined service center (the place lacked professionalism big time) while the third service was done at KHT's Fiat exclusive service center located at Whitefield, Bangalore.

First service at 5151 kms (Jan 2013): Total cost = Rs. 281.00

Second service at 15,092 kms (May 2013): Total cost = Rs. 6319.00

Third free service at 30,240 kms (Oct 2013): Total cost = Rs. 6705.00

During the third free service, the front left shock absorber was replaced under warranty. Also, the break pads were NOT changed during third service as recommended by the SA. It was changed another 6000 kms after (total cost: Rs. 4357). IMHO the overall experience has improved leaps and bounds after KHT's FIAT exclusive service center was opened. Mr. Bharath, who is a service executive at KHT FIAT, has been impressive. The fourth service is coming up, will update how it goes. Thanks for reading :)
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @cassini,

Heartiest congratulations on the Punto. Having driven close to 50K kms, you have justified the total faith in the Fiat cars. Suggest you write to Fiat on the FB page, they might use your experience to canvass for the Punto.

Also only two photos of the Punto do not justify for an experience which has already done 45K kms. Please add more pics.

Your travels on the Bangalore to kerala roads will be quite helpful for many of the forum. Can i suggest you to start a seperate thread for the road condition on the route you travel.

Keep the (S)mile crunching on and drive safely.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Story,Screenplay,Character(car),the director (driver) and the audience (Tfians) are perfect ! Ahh ,one heck of a drive.Very well written and enjoyed it very much.Clean & flawless :up.

To buy a FIAT, a lot of character is required within the individual and it is proved yet again !
    2 people like this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Wow what a story it is written by you & you have clocked a lot in such a short time,three services in one single year is amazing.
    Nice pics,enjoy the drive with Multijet Punto & drive safely.
    1 person likes this.
  5. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    50,000 kms done in 1.6 years and it is time to bid adieu our beloved Punter!

Hello everyone, hope all our Fiats are doing great :) I couldn't keep up with all the updates lately, sorry about that. First things first. Fourth service at 45K kms is now complete and here are the charges involved.

Fourth service at 45,100 kms (May 2014): Total cost = Rs. 6500 (approx)

Nothing serious. Few rattles here and there, one remains to be corrected (only I could hear it lol). I wonder why people call maintaining Punto diesel a "costly affair"?! The costs mentioned here are one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest in the premium hatchback segment. I know first hand the costs involved with the supposedly "cheap-to-maintain" cars such as Swift, Ritz and i20. And it is safe to say that they are either on par with Punto or, like in most cases, on the higher side. Even the tyres remained intact till about 42-43K and now that the car has touched 50,000 kms (which is like 3000kms/month lol), the tyres are starting to worn-out un-evenly, I intend to upgrade them soon. So, looking at the current state of our Punter, I'm pretty sure that she is going to complete 100,000 kms without giving us any major trouble.

Leaving for Europe
    After a two year stint at beautiful Bangalore, it is time to start the next phase of our life. We moved to Germany few weeks ago and I already miss driving through messy Bangalore traffic in our Punter. She was really close to us. Anyway, my dad took her back to Kerala and guess what, we have a new Fiat fan! I'm not making this up. He used to swear by his SX4 petrol (2007 model) and after driving straight 350 kms in our diesel Punto, he was so impressed that the first thing he told me when I called from Germany was how "smooth" his drive back to Kerala was. I was smiling all along. Only if more people recognized how good a car it really is. Come on FIAT!

PS: It is good to see soooooo many Fiats and VWs instead of Hyundais and Suzukis and Hondas for a change. Till now, I have seen "one" Swift and only a few Hyundayis/Hondas (no i20s) here :D
    1 person likes this.
  6. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What can I say, just thank you :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you Nadeem for the kind words! Seriously, I have never enjoyed driving this much. I used to drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum frequently (which is like 700 - 750 kms) without taking more than 2 or 3 breaks max, and the entire credit goes to this amazing car and its almost-heavenly driving dynamics. :car

- - - Merged Post - - -

I don't have a facebook account (I despise FB to be frank, sorry). But what you said is right. I might have to create a temporary account or something to write about my experience on Fiat's facebook page. Thank you for suggesting.

I'm not much into photography. All the pictures I have taken are using my silly phone camera. I'm quite frankly ashamed to put those pictures here lol! Anyway, I will try to sort out the best from the rest, which still won't be much :)

Great suggestion again. Let me give it a try. Thanks for all the kind words.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2014