1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.steering wobbling at 80+ speed . 2.windows rolling down on its own

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by varoon9999, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1.i am facing wobbles @ 80+ speed.got alignment done this noon but still the problem persists.coudn't get time for wheel balancing,i was in hush for Metallica.

brothers any suggestion why this wobble??balancing and allingment was done some 2000k kms before.as per my knowledge it should be done after every 5000k kms.

2.power windows rolling down abruptly.

this happened to me second time in last 16 months of my purchase of fiat.suddenly windows rolls down on its own when car is moving.

this problems popped up both the times when my car had bath.IMO its a loose wire which gets earth with the water on it?????some major electrical fault??loose connection??

brothers please advice.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check for bends in the rims, given ur driving style I can rest assure they are not treated to gently.

As four the power window isue surely can be a loose our naked wire
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Get the balancing done as well. If the problem still persists then we can look at other possibilities.

For the power window issue, I agree with phew.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also please note I faced the same issue as the left front window would roll up/down on its own when the car was being driven, when examined it was a faulty power window switch, replaced under warranty, so don rule that out either 22-G.
  5. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Please attach the alignment report... I have a feeling that alignment is not done to perfection....
  6. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Varoon i to had the same issue of steering wobbling at speed of 80 kmph , took my car to the tyre guy, he first ruled out any bends in the alloys, then balanced the front two wheels and then went on and alligned the car. Went on a trial run touched 120 with a perfect steeing. The guy knew what he was doing. After fitting the wheel on to the balancing machine he first removed many small stones that were lodged between the tyre grip patterns, then went on and cleaned the inner part of the disc of mud and brake dust, he said the stones and dirt would weigh a couple of grams which would affect a correct balance. He then removed all old balancing weights and then went on balancing adding weights which took three or four attempts each tyre ,to achieve a zero on the screen which meant a perfect balance.
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shanky 22ji,srini 22ji,phew 22ji n amit 22ji thanks for such informative suggestions.

i have got this issue rectified this noon,i had tyre puncture during my recent visit to my hometown Himachal(chamba).took my tyre to local roadside fellow,where he suggested me to put a tube inside the tyre,since the tyre had a hole in it tyre fellow had put a 15*15 inch rubber patch over the hole to cover it up.that rubber patch was the main culprit for my car giving wobbles @ high speed.

while wheel balancing was getting done this noon we got to know about the root cause.

MODS:requset to close this thread.issue is been rectified.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Varoon bro, where do you get the alignment done in Gurgaon?
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

speedjet bro,

there is a guy(apollo tyres board) next to ansal mall palam vihar,opposite to columbia asia hospital.owner is a nice chap and he does the test for the car once his boys finishes off with the alignment and balancing stuff.Charges are 300/- for both alignment and balancing.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Thread Closed as requested by Thread-starter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.