1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.6 Multijet Engine in my Punto

Discussion in 'Punto' started by Clubclass, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Clubclass

Clubclass Timido

Bangalore
    Hello Folks,

This is my first post on any forum for the past 6 years since i bought my Punto(Emotion MJD).Infact i have been so busy driving the beauty that never bothered to write a review and i don't intend to as well(Fantastic things don't need endorsement:p). I recently drove the S Cross 1.6(Thought hate the exteriors),One thing i always wondered was how would the same engine feel in punto,when the 1.3 feel so great after 1L kms provided you know how to extract the power.I know it would be a costly affair but i can spend 5-6L to get things done provided i get all the components,Also i have plans to pick up a Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI in a years time.I have maintained the car impeccably well and i don't feel selling it is a good idea(When you can diesel abrthify your ride with the fantastic torque of 320 NM) when the design and the handling is timeless(We guys are the lucky few).Now i wish i could get the 1.6 MJD and The corresponding components.

Please advice.

Regards,
    Jagdish'
    jackharrisw likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I would suggest you to go for a remap. It will bump the power output to 90-95 bhp (for 1.3 75 HP) and 20-30 Nm additional torque.

TSI Superb would be a hoot to drive, but you need to consider the maintenance aspect as well. You have the option of getting a used Chevy Cruze which has an acceptable handling and runs on 2.0 MJD
    jackharrisw and kedarbendre like this.
  3. Clubclass

Clubclass Timido

Bangalore
    Chevy Cruze has 2.0 MJD???I never knew that:).Thanks for your suggestion on remap.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yup the engine responsible for making it a rocket is Fiat's MJD only.
    jackharrisw and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  5. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    We all wish, FIAT had this wish.

As suggested by Turbothinghy; you should go for a remap and other performance mods OR rather upgrade if this does not satisfy
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for the Info Sir :) Really Happy to know this
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Please no sir for me :D Its actually a joint effort from Chevy and Fiat, but the underlying engine if a Fiat engine only. You would find it again in Chevy Sail/U-VA. The 1.3 engine used in it is again made by Fiat and Chevy, and if you will look at the details, the 1.3 used in Chevy has a higher state of tune (77 PS I guess), which IMO is the best tuned MJD with the least turbo lag. Also, the beat diesel is a again a 3 cylinder MJD.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Its not the MJD in India. This one is GMs. Only in some countries its MJD 2.0
  9. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I see. I always thought its the MJD 2.0 or some derivative of it.
  10. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Where do you plan to get from ....99rpm doesnot have it. You also need to get the 6 gear transmission