1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.4 Petrol no more good option?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by CarJoker, Jan 20, 2014.

1. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks. i have booked pearl white. Dealer is saying car has already arrived because somebody else had booked the car but cancelled the booking for some reason. As my previous experience with Fiat dealer was not good, i m going to do through PDI and going to reject even if odometer reading is more than 50KM.:) and head towards Volks Wagaon/Honda. Delivery is next/after that week.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    After finalizing everything and booking the car still there are chances to reject the car for small reason. Thats so sad buddy.

Irrespective of odo reading if H mark is there then go ahead and buy the car, it should not be a deal breaker.

This is my personal opinion and I dont want to hurt anyone.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thing is that there is no definite way to ascertain how much the car has run before delivery. If a dealer wants, he can disconnect the odo in 2 minutes. It will stay H 12km or wherever it was. Another dealer may have accidentally reset odo like it happened to mine in 2010.

No offence but the situation is similar to digging up the past of the girl/boy before marriage (I see this often around me). ;) There is an extent to which one should do this. Thinking too much will make one apprehensive and confused. This is my personal opinion.
    1 person likes this.
  4. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    I agree to most extent but dealer has to create a confidence in customer's mind too.If there is small problem like odo reading more than 100, he can tell that in advance before PDI.In last two months since i decided to buy car, i visited many car dealers from Maruti,Hyundai,VW,Toyota,Fiat etc.I am not a sales expert but i am sure Fiat SAs need to be better in effective communication.With most non-Fiat SAs focus on car features,qualities etc Fiat SAs were busy calculating how much discount i will get this week end and how i m going to pay 30K more from coming Monday.'Buy our car because its cheaper than Hyundai/VW', Fiat needs to change that image i believe.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Agree with you guys but what if you get a few kms driven car from Hyundai, Honda or from VW? Will you accept it or reject it straight away?

It happens every and there is risk in every car company, so think and then take decision.

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulatins for the booking buddy!!

I dont think that you should reject punto just because its clocked more than 50kms.
    Mine Tjet had H-55 kms on odo. Looking for spikes on tyres will also help to check run-in.
    Congrats once again!! :)

Happy Riding!!
  7. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3

Congrats on the booking CarJoker! :cool:
    Karnataka has the highest road taxes (14%) among all the states! :eek:

Which dealer have you booked it with?
    I would be booking the 75 or 90 hp mjd shortly too! :)
  8. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks.
    "Looking for spikes on tyres will also help to check run-in." Yes. Thats the main thing to be checked. Any idea what the things which dealer is likely to tamper ?
    1)Tyres
    2) Odometer reading.
    3)Oil
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    How are you going to ascertain the run in based on oil?

You can ask for the factory PDI which Fiat does, the odo will be marked there. Even after it lands at the dealer's warehouse, they do a PDI again where the odo will be mentioned. Calculate the approximate running from the dealer's warehouse to RTO and to showroom for delivery. Based on all of these, you can confirm if the odo is tampered or not. If you feel any doubt, keep asking questions. Have you got the VIN?
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    To be honest you are playing very safe, which is indeed good. Do a thorough check up and then only buy the car.