1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.4 Petrol no more good option?

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by CarJoker, Jan 20, 2014.

1. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    When I bought my TJet, this 1.4FIRE Punto was my other contender (the 1.6 Polo had just run out and production stopped) with a good discount too on top of it. I went with TJet only because I tasted its power and the price differential felt worth it to me at that point of time. If there was a Punto TJet at that time, I'd have got that instead.

I didn't consider the 1.2FIRE because it would've felt suitable primarily for city use and less powerful for a car of that weight.
  2. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Car Joker

I would suggest 1.3 MJD.

My Reason for the same.
    Once you drive this beauty it is difficult to hold yourself. (Personnel Experience). Whether redlining or daily commuting.

When i bought this beauty, I thought that it would be weekend drive only. Eventually My GF (Punto) started giving me company every where be it Office Drive, Market Drive or any other drive.

I have just finished my 6 month owner ship with my Girl Friend. Out of that only two months i have not driven . 1st month because my DL is not received. and second in 4th month when i am out of station. So ideally 6500 KM in 4 Months.

1.3 MJD = Happy Miles for future.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I don't understand.. Unless you are slowing down for a speed breaker, there's no need to drop into the second gear on an mjd. Mjd can easily overtake in 3rd or 4th gears.
    Diesels, by nature, have abundant low end torque. The gear changing is less in a diesel when compared to a petrol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Car Joker 1.3 MJD is better than 1.4 Petrol for many reasons,be it for fuel efficiency,fun factor,light on pocket & many other things
    Go with Punto 1.3 MJD than 1.4 NA petrol & i had heard Punto 1.4 production is stopped due to less demand for 1.4,customers go for 1.2 instead of 1.4 if they need petrol car.
    Did you contacted Manickbag Fiat,Hubli showroom?I think they have 2013 Emotion stocks.Yesterday i saw 2 Emotion Punto's displayed in showroom,one is Blue & one BNW was booked in it & a Red Punto Sport is on display.
    1 person likes this.
  5. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks all. As many dealers were giving confusing answers on 2013 models, i have booked now 1.3MJD Emotion-2014 model.I hope dealer won't mess up with VIN/Chasis atleast.:)
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Carjoker thats a wise decision to buy 1.3 Emotion 2014 model. Is it 75hp or 90hp?

Sent from my FIAT Grande Punto 90hp
  7. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    75 HP.In Bangalore number of Puntos(90 HP specific) have increased i guess.December discount effect.:) Here in BLR, price is in range of 8.25Lakhs to 8.30L. Thats the price after 50K discount.I checked one dealer in Pune and price of Punto(same-1.3MJD emotion) 2014 model is 7.9 to 8L. I am not sure Karnataka has so excessive tax than other states?
    1 person likes this.
  8. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    My monthly running is also around 1000 kms mark, I booked 1.2 Fire but ended up with 1.3 MJD. I am very happy with MJD,especially very comfortable to drive in traffic.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congratulations buddy,good decision in the end made by you,Better to get 2014 models than limited 2013 stock,
    Btw,from which dealer did you booked and colour?
    Yes Punto no's have increased with december discount effect.
    Yes you are right Karnataka has excessive tax than other states except Andhra & Tamil Nadu i guess.8.3 L is too much for a Punto 75hp Emotion.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Happy ending!!!
    Congratulations on the punto mjd

BTW which Color you chose and when is the delivery ?

Sent from my ✈✈ using Tapatalk