1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.4 litre LINEAs FIRE ENGINE MAKING STRANGE NOISE

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by AmeyKhedekar, Jul 1, 2014.

1. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    Dear Fiatians, i am having a 40 day old Linea classic with 1.4L FIRE petrol engine under the hood. my car engine was real hushed, and without any sound coming out from the engine when the car was under 500kms. however post 500 plus kms on the odometer, my car engine has a strange hum/ sound when the car engine is cranked and the car is in 1st gear, and doesnt go away unless the car is put on 2nd gear and in motion.
    is there any serious issue?
    should the car be taken to service center?
    thanks and regards.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please show to the service center soon. Hope the sound replicates at the time of TD at service center. Do post later.
  3. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    It starts up as soon as I turn the car on. I don't hear it as much at higher speed, but that could just be because there's more ambient noise?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes it could be that too. You could if possible whenever try driving another 1.4 at SC or atleast sit for a TD of such a vehicle to see if there is noise in first gear.

The best opinion could be taken from the garage. Do check engine oil level also once. Also an inspection of any oil leaks from below when car is lifted should put certain doubts to rest. It could be certain belt noise also..:confused:
    1 person likes this.