1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.4 16v FIRE, charged.. SUPER CHARGED!!!

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Chaos, May 29, 2011.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Just found this video uploaded by a JCR Racing Ltd.. its a modification company

They have super charged the 1.4 16v FIRE (Grande Punto, 500, Panda) :eek: = strictly NO turbo LAG!!
    Supercharged just the engine (i think the rest is stock) coz they say the fuel pump failed @ 5000 rpm.. its not race ready, video's old.. aug 2008..

But their website says: its got a stage 1 upgrade (sports exhaust and suspension) @ 155 bhp. = £ 3492 (kit)
    Currently working on the 1.2 8v FIRE water cooled turbo!! :shock:

The supercharger itself gives me goosebumps...::V

Grande Punto:
    500:
    500 Driving:
    http://www.jcrracing.co.uk/index.html
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is the weirdest intake manifold i've ever seen! Vid 1&2

And in the 3rd video , if only they'd put in a supercharger with a lot more whine. Something like the Kenne Bell Cobras. To 'announce' arrival in style. :)

@ Chaos : Keep up the good work man. You post interesting links.

Gurjinder.
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    We had them coming several times on our rollers for the problems they faced. The cars had several engine failures.

The claim that the fuel pump failed @ 5000rpm is not correct. They did not upgrade the injectors where necessary. The conversion has got too many flaws.

I would stay clear of the conversions made this way.

I am certainly not the biggest turbo fan, but would rather go the turbo route than the way they went.