1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.4 16v FIRE, charged.. SUPER CHARGED!!!

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Chaos, May 29, 2011.

1. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Just found this video uploaded by a JCR Racing Ltd.. its a modification company

They have super charged the 1.4 16v FIRE (Grande Punto, 500, Panda) :eek: = strictly NO turbo LAG!!
    Supercharged just the engine (i think the rest is stock) coz they say the fuel pump failed @ 5000 rpm.. its not race ready, video's old.. aug 2008..

But their website says: its got a stage 1 upgrade (sports exhaust and suspension) @ 155 bhp. = £ 3492 (kit)
    Currently working on the 1.2 8v FIRE water cooled turbo!! :shock:

The supercharger itself gives me goosebumps...::V

Grande Punto:
    500 Driving:
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That is the weirdest intake manifold i've ever seen! Vid 1&2

And in the 3rd video , if only they'd put in a supercharger with a lot more whine. Something like the Kenne Bell Cobras. To 'announce' arrival in style. :)

@ Chaos : Keep up the good work man. You post interesting links.

3. drifter

drifter Regolare

We had them coming several times on our rollers for the problems they faced. The cars had several engine failures.

The claim that the fuel pump failed @ 5000rpm is not correct. They did not upgrade the injectors where necessary. The conversion has got too many flaws.

I would stay clear of the conversions made this way.

I am certainly not the biggest turbo fan, but would rather go the turbo route than the way they went.