1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3MJD Active

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by XGYo, Dec 6, 2010.

1. XGYo

XGYo

Bangalore
    Hi!!

Just zeroed on 1.3 Active MJD and had few questions:

1.Just wanted to check,if i put a music system in the car and do my best to avoid the wiring getting disturbed,The dealer would continue with the 4 year warranty that they are offering me or Is the 4 year warranty just a stunt?

2.I think it makes sense if one is willing to keep the car +5 years , ignore if its a Dec buy or a new year jan Buy-Which model? In the long run it doesn't matter and the discounts do- However, is anything new getting added in 2011?would anyone know?

3.I would be getting the central locking fitted later presuming the value would be lessser than buying an 1.3 Dynamic- Does that makes sense?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi XGYo. Welcome to TFI. ::T

Yes, you can get it fitted from outside. Just ask them not to cut any wire.

See what someone got from "outside" which isn't possible from the "inside". ::D
    THIS ISN"T MINE. Belongs to a TFI member who was part of the Fiat factory meet. I think there is a photo where Mr. Rajeev Kapoor is looking at this car with a lot of interest.

[attachment=0:1u4xg7if]punto%20audio.jpg[/attachment:1u4xg7if]

There are no announcements regarding add-ons as of now. Some people complained about AC performance in petrol Linea and Punto. They are getting the upgrades free of cost and new petrol models come with upgraded motors that we see in Linea T-Jet. These are only for petrol variants.

Central locking from Fiat dealership? It costs 9k approx.

Also, do not compare 1.3Dynamic just on the basis of central locking price etc. I hope you are aware of all the extra features/goodies of the dynamic variant not mentioned in the brochure. 30k extra over Active variant isn't just for rear power windows. :)

punto%20audio.jpg
  3. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Hi,
    i am planning to buy a sedan upto 8LK . I found Linea (Active) pretty attractive but heard a lot about the low power of 1.3MJD. Good pick up and breaking i feel is really necessary for me, the way i drive. I also looked Dzire & Manza, but since i saw Linea i am just reading about it more and more. I am really confused pleeeeeeeeeeeees some one help me to make a decision
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @atulmt

Don't under estimate 1.3 MJD.
    1248 CC. 90 PS @4000 RPM & massive torque of 206 NM @1750 RPM such as a low RPM.
    So great drivablity,less gear changes,less Driving fatigue & more joy.

In the world,no other Diesel engine has so much power & torque in 1000 to 1400 CC engine Catagory.

Drawbacks of Indiago Manza

1) Lightweight body & Thin Metal so issue of Safety :devil
    2) Less front head room (If you are more than 5.5" then your head will be too much close to front windshield
    3) Too much tall Gear Ratio ( More gear changes & Hard acceleration require to get full potential ) :hit
    4) Too much Soft suspension. (It runs like a boat sailing on water) On rough roads poor ride quality :uh
    5)Engine tunning is bad.TATA has failed to tune Quadrajet .

Go for Linea by closed eyes.I bet you will never disappoint
    but definatly disappointnment if you are opting Quadrajet
  5. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Thanks for the reply
    Regarding the body and thin metal you just mentioned, in one of the review in CarWale.com i saw somebody complaining that the top of the Linea is also very thin, while doing cleaning if you rest your other hand on to it, you may find a dent???
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Top portion of all car is thin. Because there is no chance of impact. So extra weight is avoided.
    Manufacturer always provides strong metal where possibility of impact is there.

One day a goat climbed on my Punto. & top portion of my GP went down. I gave punch from inside. It cleared.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    This is the perfect example of how mis-informed or people with wrong intent people spread rumours and plant seeds of doubt in minds of most new buyers.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    If you want to see a real thin roof, take a look at Etios, there the sheet is thin, but strength is provided by corrugating the sheet.
  9. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    hi,
    I have heard that FIAT has opened a showroom (without TATA) near sarita vihar. Is it true, anybody aware of it??
  10. atulmt

atulmt

Noida
    Gents,
    Today i got the test drive of Linea, it was superb....but wait how do i know if it was really a Diesel version. Within my excitement i totally forgot to verify that it was a diesel version. My wife told me later that Emotion was written on it's back???
    i had back to back ride of Dzire & Linea. If linea was diesel one, Dzire is really BULL SHIT before it, having lot of lag in the second gear. Driver is fun with Linea.
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeas help.... :dancing