1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD Tuskan wine 2k Km experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Chakra, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Chakra

Hi Friends!
    My 1.3 MJD Tuscan beauty has yesterday EMOTIONally clocked 2k on its odo :razz: , which is exactly 35 days after the purchase. I am enjoying evry bit of driving :steering and finding reasons to take her out. Its surely a head turner and feel happy to see people looking at it mostly at :traffic . My daily avg commute :redcar is around 80 km to and fro to office. so far i have not felt any glitch except bit less pull in lower (1-2nd) gear but once the turbo sets in its a pleasure gliding :dance . Suspension is good ! u can never feel the small pot holes on the road. maneuverability in city traffic is wounderful, eventhough its turning radius is more then other hatch backs it feels no hard task to handle it at sharp turns and parking areas. I got the milage of around 15 kmpl in city with full AC and expect more after first service. I am very eagerly waiting to take her on a long trip to hills after 1st service.

One thing i honestly admit is the quality of interior plastic is inferior :sad1 especially the handle of seat height adjuster i feel some day it will break and allignment between the plastic components is not refined (checked with 2 of other friends owning punto its the same) FIAT should seriously look in to improving this front.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Great, but where are the pictures?
  3. donzil_pinto

Congrats on your new drive and glad to know you are enjoying it.

Sometimes I feel it’s good that the car has some drawbacks, especially in the plastics (which I’m sure we all can live with) otherwise one would have seen only punters and lineans on road and you would not been the privileged one.

I prefer my drive to be limited edition. Admired by the masses, but only driven by the classes.
    1 person likes this.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Congrats and welcome to the esteem group of Fiat Owners
    Where are the piks buddy. Post them ASAP. Tuscan wine looks great on fiat site..
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Don't worry, it won't break. Why? There is a thick metal rod inside that flimsy-looking plastic. I also felt the same way initially as you felt. But when I saw the strong metal part inside (at the time og changing seeat height assembly), I got convinced about its strength.
  6. yougotmi

yougotmi Amatore

Nice one...classic!!!
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Aboard and u ought to like the Punto man... She is amazing as usual...Njoy the drive.. As VP stated the seat knob is quite hard and doesnt break that easily...
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    First Tuscan Wine on the forum and no pictures?! Come on man, lets see some pictures!
  9. my worry would be if the plastic part would part with its inside metal part. may be that is more possible, if at all !
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Nope. It won't. I saw all of them raw & then being fixed.
    Initially I was also worried like you about all these plastic levers. In fact I was so worried that I called & asked Fiat that I would like to discuss it with someone. Fiat sent someone from its Corporate Quality team from Pune to Mumbai to address it. :)