1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ? (Booked 1.4 TJet+)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kr_vasudev, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

Did you/your friend try to compare T-Jet+ with Civic?
  2. Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

For the comparison between Linea T-Jet and Honda CIvic, visit this link - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-driv ... hread.html

That guy sold off his Honda Civic and bought home a Fiat Linea :D
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

No he did not try to compare. However, i drove the civic and it had an AT box, Power is awesome and enjoyed the drive.
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

I test drove Civic and T-Jet B2B during my selection process. Honestly, the feel that you get in Civic is a class apart. The acceleration, the interior feel and the comfy seats.. WoW, they are. But comes at a cost of 5 laks more. So I feel, its kind of difficult to get these two in one basket and compare.

Its better to say T-Jet is best this side of 10Laks!
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

[/quote:36kpv4pc]

+1 to that

Just a small example is illuminated sill-plates with blue color Civic , The dash board gives a feeling of cockpit.

The area where Linea scores the most is the BUILD QUALITY (the thud feel)
  6. Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

Vasu, this is going on like a soap opera.
    Every day, twice i check this thread to see if there is a decision made.

Goahead and book both MJD & TJet.
    Tjet for Highway and MJD for city use. Create history by owning 2 Linea's at the same time ::T
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

till today i dint blindly tell you to go for MjD. i have just returned from a 600 km trip. today i can confidently tell you, MjD has hell lot of power.

speak of 4th and 5th gear on the highway and its a brutal machine. it put shame to ford fiestas, NHCs and many big cars.

a ford fiesta was acting too smart trying to get close to the bumper, flashing lights and all. it was loaded with fundu guys enjoying a lot. then i decided to show the ford fiesta where it belongs too. i stepped on the accelerator saw an empty stretch with full confidence on the lineas handling and braking i just zoomed across the fiesta @165 KMPH. he could not match me for hell lots of distance. then i let him pass away and he dint mess with me again. his friends might be teasing him shame shame :)

same i did with a NHC who was trying to be smart with the worst handling car.

covered a dist of 250 km in 2.48 hours . AND here comes icing on the cake. Mileage 22.4 KMPL.

no question TJET is a stonker but MJD is no less with the mileage and economy of diesel.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

I just had a 1.3 MJD test drive. There was an issue with AC, it was completely not working.

The 1.3 is not a slow coach (Power is better than my Palio 1.2) , it has enough power to pull the beast and i am telling this in Bangalore traffic conditions. I'm happy with the power, quickly realised, just keep the engine in the 1500-3000 RPM Band and play with the gear box. Engine noise was audible despite closing all the four windows.

The only concern is, will there be any reduction in power if we use the AC ?

The dealer might give around 50K discount for the 2010 model, just one question, are there any new features added to the 2011 mode ?

Even the 2010 model, i will try to get Nov/Dec not beyond that. Else will go for 2011 model.

Rite now 1.3MJD is okay for me. Will let you know once I book the car.

1.6 MJD might hit the market before end of this year as per sales rep (I have my own doubts)

THANKS A TON TO ALL FELLOW TF'ns FOR ALL THE HELP

Regards
    Vasu
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Sir, I would love to own both, I only had a luxury to get space to park these beauties.

Thanks
    Vasu
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

AC issue might be because of an old and choked pollen filter. I don;t think they service their TD cars according to the schedule and don't even replace Pollen filters etc.

I don't think there are any upgrades to the 2011 models(I haven't heard of any) but have read and observed the following:

1. A "KNZ" Oct 2010 manufactured Punto 1.2 Active had negligible panel gap around the keyhole. They have improved the plastics and reduced panel gaps further since the T-JET lauch IMO.
    2. Read somewhere that a Nov 2010 bought Punto had tweeters. Are Component speakers back in Linea/Punto? The speakers with tweeters sound much better than those without (based on my own comparison with a Feb 2010 Linea).
    3. AC upgrade w.e.f.October 2010.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.