1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ? (Booked 1.4 TJet+)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kr_vasudev, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

I am not sure if FIAT will bring the 1.6 MJD in the next 6-9 months. There are no news or speculations on it.
    Even FIAT guys are not confirming anything.

Test drive - I am sure you will like TJet for its power & performance; MJD for its economy.
    Both of them are VFM package in their domains.

If you are conscious of the cost of ownership (fuel expenses), then MJD is the answer.
    If you want a fun to drive car, it will be, for sure, the TJET.

I chose the TJet selling my 1.4 NA linea just for the power & performance of TJet. That was the case with another forum member Satya_SC too.

As you have decided, test drive back to back, satisfy yourself before you put your hard earned money.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

Thank you bnzjon for your inputs.

I wanted to have an update on the test drive, called up Syed/Dilip who are rep's at KHT Motors for the Linea test drive.

They are not picking up the phone, called up KHT Motors and asked the lady to connect to syed, the response was not reachable.

Ok, then visited fiat website and booked for a test drive. Now i have to see how it goes

Thanks
    Vasu
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

As i finished the above msg, received a call from Syed.

He was in prayer and he called me back looking at missed calls.

Both 1.3 & 1.4 has gone for some repair works and they will be available only on Monday.

I will get the test drive status on Monday

Thanks
    Vasu
  4. Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

Call up FIAT at the customer care no.
    They will fix up an appointment with you at your convenient time and place.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

@kr_vasudev, directly contact Mr. Adit.
    Send him an email, as he suggested.

6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Just called up the toll-free number and gave my contact details.

I demanded for the update on the test drive status :)

Thanks
  7. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

Hey Vasudev.. sorry for late reply.. somehow missed this thread..

My observations:

MJD:
    Excellent "FRUGAL" car
    1st and 2nd gears almost dead
    from 3rd Gear onwards, its a clean monster.. I love 5th especially when there are open roads. It just pulls all the way till 185...
    Top speed:speedo indicated 185+ (have done many many times.. once did BLR-CHENNAI in flat 3 hrs and Thirunelveli-CHN(550kms) in flat 6 hrs)
    NVH - Noisy after 120 types.. very Noisy after 140/150. i mean YOU HAVE TO PUMP UP THE VOLUME TO HEAR MUSIC. Anywayz for people like us engine roar itself is a sweet music. But cannot expect the same from our families too.
    Mileage City - Initially 12-13km/lt and after 10k expect somewhere around 14-15km/lt
    Highway Mileage - Speed less than 100 - expect 20-22km/lt, 100-120 - 18km/lt, 130+ - 15-16km/lt
    Learn to work the gears and you have a WINNER in hand. Those who do not own an MJD will call it slow. Who owns it, they know its true potential.
    Handling - have taken steep bends at speeds > 160 (for those who know the flyovers near and after Villupuram in the highway). Only thing you will feel is, "Next time you should do more". Excellent, fantastic, super, very good (running out of words) handling.
    Ride - Balanced and good

Now the T-Jet:
    Powerful car
    Powerful acceleration. You can put other cars to dust in a traffic light.
    Punchy Midrange
    3rd gear is simply sweet. Excellent Punch and RANGE.
    Mileage - 10-11.5 in City. Pls note that yo may even get 8/9 if you drive hard ( I mean take her to 5000 RPM at every gear).
    Highway - speed <100 - 16km/lt, 100-110 - 14-15km/lt, 130-140 - 13km/lt.. GUESSTIMATE speeds more than 140 - 10-12km/lt
    Top speed - yet to chk (max that I have done so far is 140 with RPM around 3400 types at 5th.. remember it will pull upto atleast 5000 RPM in 5th)
    handling - Handles a notch below my MJD (Purely my opinion.. it could be my perception as well.. i am yet to take her on a free highway)
    Ride - Balanced and good

Now my 2 cents-

Economy and Excitement - MJD
    Power and Adrenaline rush - T-Jet (did 140 in 3rd and the feeling was just AWESOME.. serious fun under 10lakhs)

Decide what you want and go ahead. ALL THE BEST. :up
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Sathya

Thanks for the detailed note and for the pain you have taken to give inputs. It is good to see inputs from a owner who owned both the beasts.

Today went to Basavanagudi to meet college friends and while discussing I shared the plan of replacing my car with Linea. My friend who owns civic gave an idea lalbagh-prerana is very near, lets take a test drive.

He took a test drive and he is happy with the car and the features and the TJet super silent engine. He was expecting swift like punch in TJet, i told Fiat have linear unlike swift punch

Once he heard the price of MJD 1.3 @ 10.4 and TJet 1.4 @ 10.8 he simply said, why the hell TJet being petrol costing more than diesel --- from a buyer perspective i think this is where TJet takes a hit.

My test drive from KHT Motors is confirmed on Monday

My running per year will not cross > 10K for sure, at this rate diesel vs petrol price difference is ~25K. TJet will be good fun to drive, for sure this will give better mileage than 1.2 Palio ;)

I MUST ADMIT, PRERANA AS A DEALER SCORES 10/10 AND MILES AHEAD OF KHT MOTORS. WE JUST WENT AND TOOK A TEST DRIVE, THAT IS NOT THE CASE WITH KHT MOTORS. MY OFFICE IS HARDLY 3 KMS AND I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING WITH THEM FOR ONE WEEK.

@ Prerana motors i saw a friend of Karthik who came to fit the number plates of his TJet Black, he was a very satisfied customer. I asked him to visit this website that he was not aware off. It is good for owners to land here, it helps a lot to get gyan DIY fixing bugs etc etc what not

On TJET Plus, we can expect only corporate discount + free RSA

Thanks
    Vasu
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Vasu, do you mean punch in Swift Petrol? I don't think there is any such punch is there in Petrol, like diesel.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Ravi, my friend owns Civic & Swift Diesel and TJet being petrol turbo, he was expecting the punch that swift gives him around 2000 RPM, later I explained about Fiat engine linear delivery
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.