1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ? (Booked 1.4 TJet+)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kr_vasudev, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

Hi Kr vasudev, I would like to suggest to go for T jet if your running is not too much. It is a awesome car and fun to drive.

Reasons to go for T jet:
    1. Fun to drive
    2. Mileage of around 12Kms/ltr in City and 14-15 Km/lt on highways is decent for the powerful petrol car
    3. Today price of Diesel is less but very soon it will match the petrol price. As India is moving towards globalization, it will be very hard for the govt. to supply diesel with subsidy. In foreign countries, diesel is expensive then petrol.

Last week i drove my friends MJD to my office. In my office there is a steep ramp to go inside. You won't believe at the half way on the ramp the car was response less in 2nd gear. I have to lower down the gear to 1st to move it. I know MJD has powerful midrange torque but it is irritating sometimes if you feel lag in first 2 gears. My old santro climb on that ramp even in 3rd gear. This is my personnel opinion and i don't want to hurt feelings of any MJD owners.

my advise for you is MJD1.6(if you can wait)>T jet>MJD 1.3>Fire 1.4
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

Even i would suggest a MJD E Pack... Take this case... The diesel prices will reach near petrol prices... but how soon... this will take minimum 3-4 years in a country like india... As de-regulating the diesel prices is not an easy affair for the UPA Govt...

During this time you will save a lot of money and coming to the sluggishness of MJD... so you cannot compare it with TJET... they both are too different in terms of power...
    Once you drive MJD and get used to it, you will never feel it of less power and eventually even learn to go over steep ramps in 3rd or 2nd gears.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

hey sorry - i forgot to update why i went for MJD

extract from my ownership report-

Now the confusion was between the rocket TJET which also is the best petrol car in current market according to me and the fuel efficient MJD. I again test drove both these cars on highways again for a long stretch. TJET is a rocket during pick up but if I compare TJET and MJD both in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear on highways I think MJD is though not as quick as TJET but very much comparable. Within no time it touches 100-120kmph.
    Now since my daily running was approx 70 kms and lot of brain storming within my family I decided on the MJD and went ahead and booked it.

now whenever i fill diesel in my car i feel very glad that i bought a diesel. in india diesel can never match petrols price as the backbone of india i.e railways and roadways run on diesel and so does the public transports.

i would have gone for the tjet if it was priced like the difference between petrol and diesel car around 1-1.5 lacs. but we cannot expect tjet to be cheap. its an amazing piece of engineering priced very low in my opinion.

secondly i thought even though i love the rush that i get in tjet i wont be driving hurriedly 80% of the time. in pune traffic its very hard to utilize the real power of TJET.

and on highways MJD is one brutal machine. though not in my car but in my friends car i have done 170kmph 3-4 times. 0-120 comes quickly - which most of the people drive in and 120-170 takes time but that too is very comfortable.

so you take your plunge. if you can wait for 1.6 MJD nothing like that. if not decide between TJET and MJD.

i am also planning to remap my MJD which will take her to 105bhp and around 20 nm more torque. it will be altogether different performance then. :drinks
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed mail. My running per day would be roughly 30 KM at the max. Monthly running ~750 KMS

By the way, how is the NVH levels in MJD beyond 140+ say ?

You made a valid point , I'm more confused because of this point alone ""i would have gone for the tjet if it was priced like the difference between petrol and diesel car around 1-1.5 lacs. but we cannot expect tjet to be cheap. its an amazing piece of engineering priced very low in my opinion. "

You are saying re-map and not the tuning box. Let us have ownership review please once you get into that.

I cannot wait for 1.6 MJD for a very good reason that we do not have any news on 1.6 MJD Launch, I have made up my mind to book my car in the month of March 2/3 week.

Thanks
    Vasu
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Gaurav,

Thank you for your valuable inputs. TJet is a pure value for money with 16" Leather Turbo-Petrol etc etc :)

My heart says TJet and head says MJD. Next week test drive is scheduled, will decide post that

Thanks
    Vasu
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

You cant decide between a TJET and MJD by a test drive. TJET will win million times out of million. Once you drive the TJET, ull never want to downgrade to MJD (no disrespect to MJD owners).

The only way to decide would be to see ur running cost. That would/should be the only reason to go for MJD. Else if ur looking for a better car Tjet would be the answer.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

at 140 you hardly hear the engine noise. there is a huge roar of tyre and wind noise :car especially on concrete roads.

well what ansal says is right you will never want to get down of the tjet once you test drive it.

MJD VS TJET is like head VS heart. as i said earlier i wont be able to use the brutal power of tjet in city like pune. MJD is not a slow coach either. it pulls effortlessly in 3rd gear right from 1000 rpm. the torque is very good. but when you require rocket like pick up then MJD wont deliver it. TJET can give short bursts of brutal power.

but then say 1000 kms per months on MJD at 18kmpl = 2333 rs per month
    that on TJET with say 13kmpl = 4846 rs
    difference = roughly 2500 per month.
    this is quite a bit. and then if ur running increases then this multiples accordingly.

budget is key factor between TJET and MJD for many.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Thanks for the info and regarding the budget factor, I agree with you
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Go for TJET if you get paid for ur petrol through Work ::V
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

I will calculate, if i can afford myself 25K per year , why cant afford it for the fun ;)

Was reading about --- 1.6 Multijet only needs servicing every 35,000 km, to keep both car and engine in perfect working order

http://www.duemotori.com/news/auto_news ... engine.php

you never know, Fiat might bring in 1.6 when SX4 or Fiesta rules the market with their 1.6 engines
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.