1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ? (Booked 1.4 TJet+)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kr_vasudev, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

But there is no ETA. I would love to go for 1.6, but it has been a long time we have been waiting for this heart

Thanks
    Vasu
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Diesel, diesel and diesel. I don't think the diesel prices will be de-regularized in the near future, inflation is already on top of the UPA govt.
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Linea test drive has been postponed.

Had a Punto 1.2 test drive, my colleague wanted to have a test drive. He is yet to learn driving, he finalized two cars Swift & Punto.

I was driving the car, felt the engine is more refined than the Palio 1.2 and has better pulling power. Not sure is it because of different tuning levels.

By the way my colleague's observation

1. Looks are too good
    2. Inside space is very less as compared to Swift
    3. The music system is more of a irritating as it is almost touching the hand brake

I could not convince on the space, as i too felt Punto has less space than Palio 1.2. Not sure about space between Swift & Punto.

Waiting for the Linea test drive :redcar

Thanks
    Vasu
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Diesel for sure. I think you should wait for sometime for 1.6MJD Linea.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Punto has more space as compared to Swift and Polo. Not sure about i20. Marginally less than Figo.

I could not understand the meaning of this statement: :anyone
    Please correct the typo. Yes, music system is an irritant because of poor speakers but speakers can always be upgraded.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

The feeling was the music system console was very close to the hand-brake, it gets a feeling like the console has occupied the whole space
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, but there is a gear shifter in between the music console and the hand brake. Or I am getting confused here.
    Actually, gear knob is close to the music console.

The benefit of such a design can only be understood after driving it daily. It is so convenient that you dont even need to move your hand from the gear knob while operating the AC switches/fan knob.
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Hey Yashik, generally its actually recommended not to keep ur hands continously on the Gear Knob as because of sustained pressure over a period of time, the shift forks would be damaged and resulting in gear selection/shifting problems
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Thanks for the info. I did not know about it at all. I do not rest my hand on it though. Just that in heavy traffic, my hand is on the gear knob for a longer time and frequently.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

I have driven 1.3 MJD Punto on many occasions, i did not find any difficult in operating the console and gear.

I told my colleague to first learn driving and take test drives atleast for 20 kms minimum and then decide on the car.

By the way, do we have internal dimensions on Swift and Punto ?

Tomorrow the dealer will call me, confirming the Linea 1.3 MJD & 1.4 TJet test drives

Thanks
    Vasu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.