1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ? (Booked 1.4 TJet+)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kr_vasudev, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Team,

Please help me in deciding on the car

I never wanted Diesel car, always enjoy the Petrol purrrr and its benifits.

With soaring petrol prices and fuel efficiency compared to diesel counter part, is it still worth going in for Petrol Car ?

My choices are only two

1. TJet +
    2. Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion then add-on like after market 16" alloys + Tuning Kit (95 to ~115 HP) - Just wanted to know is the gear box of 1.3 MJD capable of handling the additional torque generated by Tuning Kit ?

I am yet to take the test drive of both the cars, however driven Punto 1.3 MJD on many occasions and liked it. I did not feel any turbo lag while driving the Punto 1.3 even in city drives, considering my full time car as Palio 1.2

Thanks
    Vasu
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: 1.3 MJD or 1.4 TJet+ ?

1.3 MJD E Pack + Tuning Kit

I am a big fan of the T-Jet myself but seriously : with Petrol prices being what they are : no way I would buy it (of course unless I hit some 1000 crore jackpot)
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

1.3 MJD without any modifications.
    For Clutch,gearbox life tunning box may be nightmare.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

that was a good one. I heard diesel prices are going to get deregulated soon, even then i guess diesel prices will be lower than petrol and they are more fuel efficient
  5. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

Vasu Saar, where are you booking the car?
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Sir, probably KHT Motors
  7. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore

Cool. I am planning to buy MJD from Prerana Motors.
  8. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai

I would suggest 1.3MJD + tuning / mods. start first with the AIR and then over a period of time move on to the remap. I am not a fan for the Tuning box as such and hence I will advice against it. With the mentioned mods you will be able to easily achieve more than 100 bhp and with the low end torque of a diesel, you will love the drive. Also as rightly mentioned by Amogh, Petrol prices are no longer checked which means in last 2 months there has been increase in the cost twice, where as diesel has been spared both the times.

You can also upgrade the tires/alloys to the T-jet Specs and probably buy the T-jet alloys too. Then no one will realize which car you are driving except your pocket when you are at the fuel bunk where your face will show a :lol: :clapping and your heart will say more and more :steering .
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

1.3 MJD without any tuning mods (actually surprised to see that only Bhai saab has supported this till now).

Linea 1.3 does not need any mods. Please try to spend at least 5000Km and then decide. Its mid range is stronger than every other car in the country today.

I mean to say that:
    30-80kmph@3rd gear is faster than Mitsubishi Cedia 2.0, Octavia 1.8 etc.
    40-100@4th gear is the fastest amongst all sedans upto 12 lacs.

Just go for alloys and other mods. Why take chances with engine and gearbox? :confused

T-JET is a jet but I think with the rising prices of fuel in our country, it is like better to buy diesel.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Noted doc, i will go only for alloys and no other modification. Till now it seems 1.3 is the winner :)

I will consider the same.

Are there any plans from Fiat to get 1.6 MJD in near future ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.