1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD...How Driveable?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by keeprevving, Oct 1, 2012.

1. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

Not only you 2, i have also become like you guys. It actually makes us feel like king in city and it seems like a track when ever its on highway.
    1 person likes this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

Just my 2p. I also test drove the MJD Linea (2011) before settling for the Linea TJet. Obviously the TJet was a revelation, but when I drove the MJD Flat out near Katraj ghat on NH4 (Pune-BLR highway), I felt that the MJD felt a tad firmer on the ground at high speed corners than even the TJet.

I later attributed it to the lower GC (160mm). So, while the TJet would feel safe at high speed driving by the order of 100 % to lets say a Dzire of 80%, the MJD Linea would feel around 110 %..

Havent driven the 2012 with the 185mm GC though.

But both MJD and TJet have strong high speed performance, no doubt. The Jet just felt a better package back then (1 year ago). If I would have brought my car this year, I wouldnt have hesitated one bit to buy the MJD Linea Emotion ..
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I am not surprised with your correlation between MJD and T-Jet. But, what is surprising to me is that Dzire scores 80% attributing to 100% for T-Jet in high speed stability. :D
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ keeprevving, as many have already suggested please take a longer test drive of Linea and any other car before finalizing. Let me make it clear, one cannot judge the capabilities of a Fiat in just a single short test drive. This was my personal experience too when I test drove Punto before buying. I must admit it was not all that impressive. But its slowly grows on you as the car matures with you. I went ahead by my gut feeling, passion for Fiat and after reading lot of reviews on this forum. I know its little sluggish in lower gears but barring this if you keep the engine spinning at right RPM, there are no issues. As others have pointed out, due to massive torquey nature of MJD; u need not worrry in B to B traffic. Coming to highway drives, one need not tell; its a car of its own league all together. Believe me, one has to experience a Fiat feeling to start falling in love with it. Unlike Bollywood movies it wont be love at first sight. Its kind of matured love which slowly grows on its owners with time.

Good luck for your selection! Happy motoring
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. S.K

Driving linea is an Art. Which u can't learn in TD. Own it and you will learn yourself. Believe me you will never regret for owning linea/punto. Maintaining linea is far cheaper than VW /Skoda.
    Happy motoring..
    2 people like this.
  6. acechip

acechip Superiore

C'mon, Dzire is not such a bad car..I am told that the ZDI was (obviously) a decent variant, with 185 tyres and ABS/EBD. Mine was the VDI .

Also, braking in the DZire was never much of a problem in terms of distance..but straight line wise, not always 100%. Another thing,where the dzire stopped adequately, in the TJet ,I not only get the car "arrested" , but instinctively look out in the rear view mirror if some tail-gater is about to hit me. I have got plenty of angry glares from such folks in the city while driving the TJet.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Yeh. It's not that bad but does not qualify enough to get compared with the T-Jet.

I am surprised that you correlate the good braking in your jet with the term 'Arrest'. :D

Lesson learnt - When you have very good brakes better allow other cars to pass you in City. You should be safe then. I never allow new Swifts to tail me. I always give way and allow them to pass me. :)
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012