1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3-MJD-Emotion- PDI done but 'minor' issues.Accept or reject

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by CarJoker, Feb 1, 2014.

1. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hi all, Today I went to do PDI for 1.3.MJD emotion Punto.Two important observations-
    1)ODO reading was 67Km which was Ok. Car was brought from warehouse to showroom.
    2)All tyres new one.
    Now some negative points-
    1)when you close the door, you typically hear Fiat's 'patented' thud door closing noise. :)In this case, this type noise was not there for two doors.Noise was of more of Maruti car one . I brought to notice to SA He says its 'minor' issue and he will correct it before delivery.
    2)Small patch work of whitener is seen(space between rear right door and wheel). Patch is 2 millimeter diameter circle. I brought this to notice to SA.He said 'minor issue'.
    Should i accept such car? Second point is ok to neglect but first one? I have raised issue with Fiat India for this and waiting for response.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let me guess. Was it absent for the rear 2 doors right? The rear doors have the same "Marutish" type of thud.

Comeone now! This car is a good one. 2mm is nothing. You are putting undue stress into PDI my friend. I hope you do not mind but there was no need of raising it to FIAT India level. Such minor imperfections exist in all cars, even luxury ones.
  3. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    It was absent in front passenger and one rear door .Yes its minor issue but when you walk-in to Fiat show room in the beginning, the first thing SA does is to make you hear that noise and say 'Door handling in fiat is much different than rest of cars':) That's the reason why I raised this issue with Fiat. Most likely Fiat response will be "Its like that only" kind of thing but i am hopeful.Paint issue ,I m ignoring for the time being as its really minor.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Continuous use of door or some minor adjustment will get you the tight door feedback you are looking for. I know the feeling of an airlocked cabin and the decibels well cut off. The "thud" sound isnt a necessity, you still will get a beep when a door latch or lock is not engaged. Futhermore, should you choose to ignore the beep (hypothetically of course) your car will go around the town and come back to garage safely, at which point you may or may not notice that the door is not shut properly. That is what Fiat's car design and engineering is about, a subtlety many must have noticed. Please ignore the sound for the time being and enjoy the rest of this wonder car namely Punto..!
    2 people like this.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    That door closing thud missing is a problem.
    It went missing in my linea when TASS guys fiddled with the locks and it was lost forever,as you had mentioned even I always enjoyed that thud and could not digest that missing.
    Probably the locks were fiddled by the guys at the sales end and patch work was done may be to cover up some scratches.
    Look out for the manufacturing date.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @carjoker,

As Paddleshifter mentioned too much details in minor issues will drive away the excitement of owning a Fiat. You should brush aside the thud thing as long as the door does its job of closing and locking properly. While you are complaining of the doors being nor Fiatish, my friends & inlaws have complained the doors beeing not Marutish type closing.

Just enjoy the drive mate.
    1 person likes this.
  7. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks guys. Yes, I can brush aside thud thing. Actually before visiting Fiat I didn't have slightest idea on this thing. It was only Fiat who told this 'distinguishing' feature while demo.:)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Its January 2014. In the beginning car was booked by somebody else but cancelled the booking due to financial issues. Thats the explanation SA gave me.
    1 person likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I second Paddleshifter and ghodlur. These are very minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks all. I am ready to accept the car. Only fear is if these problems recur, especially color peeling etc i had to run to dealer.Hence i have requested Fiat to give some written confirmation about these minor issues. If Fiat and dealer really confident that issues are minor, they shouldn't mind giving some assurance on this ?
  10. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Hi all, finally i will be taking the delivery this week of Punto emotion MJD. :)
    Few questions-
    1)Car cover- i found it from 99rpm. Body - Covers - Accessories i hope this site is reliable.
    2)Any other accessories you guys think should be readily available(or must have) after car delivery is done?