1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 MJD 75bhp Punto - Performance upgrade advice

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by Rockordie, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Rockordie

Rockordie Timido

Bangalore
    Hey Guys,
    I am driving a 2009 oct Punto 1.3 MJD em pk.
    So far loved it. 70 k now.
    Was planning to upgrade to 90bhp but couple of my friends suggested me not to do it but instead up the performance of the existing one by spending a a lot less than a new upgrade.
    the thoughts what I got was mentioned below. I would greatly appreciate if someone suggest their experience or thought on each points

1. ECU remapping to up the engine power +/- PETE'S tuning box. Absolutely a newbie in these aspects
    Can Anyone tell me whats the limit to up the power in 1.3 MJD. I don't know how the Abarth gives 140 plus bhp in the same engine if I am not wrong. Please show me some light who re experts in this.

2. if I up the power , I have to change the brake shoes / calliper s. which brand is the best suited for Punto

3. Suspension. I have clocked 70000 Kms . I am due for a suspension change. I thought might as well change it to a performance suspension like Konis / Bilstein. Absolutely no idea which one suits our Punto .

4. Performance exhaust .

Thanks in advance image.jpg
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    ECU remap is the best way, but if you want to do it easier way, you can try Racechip (which is much cheaper than Petes). You can easily go upto 90bhp with both option. No need to change brake shoe etc. they are good enough.

As far as suspension goes, if your are happy with the current setup, i feel it is more than enough and at the best you can use the GC kit from Fiat itself which will give you better clearance but would be little harder than original.

Performance exhaust, i would not prefer as your car will lose low end torque. But choice is yours.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Remap is the best way forward. All others are compromised solutions but effective nevertheless and not to be dismissed as not worthy as they have huge fan following.
    As for suspension., if youve enjoyed the 70k kms and want to continue that enjoyment please refit with the same spec suspension. I would advice against the raised GC. You will regret it like i did untill i went back to the old set up and Im now very happy. Your car looks excellent. Best wishes for more happy Kms.

Abdul
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  5. Rockordie

Rockordie Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for those useful comments. Sham Abdul and Jotinder.
    [Should I blur the number of my car in the post? Is it a rule. How do i do i it. Photoshop and upload?]
    Anyone can suggest me where I can trust on ECU remap in Bangalore?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for those useful comments. Sham Abdul and Jotinder.
    [Should I blur the number of my car in the post? Is it a rule. How do i do i it. Photoshop and upload?]
    Anyone can suggest me where I can trust on ECU remap in Bangalore?
  6. ^^Check your inbox...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4