1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1.3 Diesel 90 HP new high revs. while testing

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sagar Sawant, May 6, 2015.

1. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hello

Just bought a 2014 FIat Linea (new but old stock) ...

After driving for 1000kms I found the turbo boost coming in at higher revs like 2300 plus ...

So went to service center ...

They took a test drive and reved the engine to more than 3000 plus rpm

After connecting the engine to the Computer via OBD, they again put it to high revs.

Now question is are these high revs allowable at such low kms completed?

They say its ok ...
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please mention name of FASC too. Also, shift faster towards 3rd gear for the MJD.
    It uses VGTurbo, so the full boost will be later. And of course if you think things are doubtful please again show to a different FASC at Pune.
  3. Sagar Sawant

Sagar Sawant Amatore

Pune
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Pandit Auto. Dont trust any other FASC, need to know if high revs for a small drive are ok. Since they took it for a spin for about 15 kms.

I am getting turbo boost at approx. 2200 plus rpm though early days, just 1000kms. FASC says wait till 5000 first check, drive more it will open up.

but I have a Zest Diesel too where the car gets a move on by 1700-1800 and the turbo whistle is very clearly audible. Though the ZEST is the most silent cabin in the country for a diesel.

Linea I hear no turbo whistle.

Also the boost is late sometimes even flooring the accelerator does not help.

Also, another observation if I up-shift at 2000 rpm the rpm drops to 1100 and I have quickly floor the pedal to get it on track. Now with 5 passengers on board I faces a lot of problems instead of up-shift, I had to in fact downshift again to get a move on

I understand weight is a factor but boost also right now is just like a small push at 2200 rpm doesnt and turbo whistle is not audible not sure if its the case with Fiat

but for the ZEST DIESEL its music to the ears and feels exhilarating to drive the ZEST understandably the ZEST is lighter than Linea.

Also, characteristically if a diesel engine is left to idle it takes days to empty the tank. CHARACTERISTICALLY.

Here on both ZEST and LINEA I observe that fuel meter drops at least by 0.3 -0.8 kmpl at a normal red light stop

Thirdly, however softly you drive, both ZEST and LINEA show not more than 12.5 kmpl in city traffic from Swargate to Magarpatta City Pune which is always moving except for signals and at off peak hours that is my regular commute.

Highway Zest returns 26 from P-M and 22 from M-P while Linea is 24 and 20 speeds not exceeding 90 anytime ...

Just feel why this big difference while eveyone using multijet engine on different products claim 15-18 in city as mileage now HOWZ THAT?

Mod Note: Please do not type like this....... Please refer to the TFI rules here. Any such posts further will be deleted.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    kedarbendre likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes these mileages are possible depends on traffic conditions and driver's gear shifts (timing) and acceleration. Light footed you can achieve 14 easily. However, please keep driving for now. Do not focus too much on FE, in time the FE could improve as you adapt more and the car adapts too to your lighter driving style.