1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

1,27,739 km's and soldiering on

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by gurjinder, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Feel proud that I Own a PUNTO
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Paji thanks for sharing the information......now I am damn sure that I am not going to sell my car, and will using lifetime as decided when I bought 90HP.

This information added much power in my decision :)
  3. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
    Hi Gurjinder,

Wanted to clarify wat is meant my cold start. And also wanted is meant when u stated " the engine has never been idled after a cold start and before shutting down."
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ah! I guess you haven't gone through this thread, yet. I tried to outline some good practices for the turbo and engine's health in this thread.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-iss...mal-stop-time-have-efficient-fuel-saving.html
  5. raj@tfi

raj@tfi

Bangalore
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How is the condition of the roads?. Good/bad/pathetic
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Major roads which connect villages to cities - Generally Good, few exceptions.

Majority of roads in the villages - pathetic. Same case with my Maternal Granpa's village. Approach road is great, but the 7 or km's of village roads to his house is fit only for tractors.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    May be that explains why slightly bad condition of gear box. 10 times more use than normal. But still even after hitting more than 1L it still keeps the energy with it. A big :up for his punto.
  9. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    My linea mjd 2nd gear also pull right from 20 km/hr at RPM 1500 to 60 km/hr at RPM 4000 in no time.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    The gearbox is perfect, no issues.

Just the gear change mechanism located in the cabin of the car seems worn out. But if you can ignore play in lever and slightly notchy shifts, you wouldn't give two thoughts about it.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.