Booked Linea T-Jet / Pearl White today. Not sure when will be the delivery date....
Welcome to TFI Arun.Congrats for booking Linea T-Jet Pearl White from RDC.post lots of pics and ownership review of ur car when u get it delivered.
Got a confirmation that the car is ready at their yard. Doing PDI tomorrow.
Congrats on the car Arun.
Just curious. Your location is Coimbatore and then why did you book the car in Chennai?
Great.booked car on 3rd aug and the car is ready for PDI today.ask them delivery date and post lots of pics when u go to do PDI of ur Linea.
Just got a call from RDC Fiat. The conversation went like this.
RDC: We are calling from RDC Fiat.
RDC: Do you own a Fiat Punto?
Me: No. I don't.
RDC: Ok Sir. Thank you.
Yes Ramjn . For me I got two calls from RDC asking do you own fiat , i said i own Tjet , they ask punto or linea ?
I said i already own it they say thank you and hang up .
Really? What is the agenda then? They ask if you own one, I said no and they hanged up. You said yes and still they hanged up too.
I was getting calls every day n number of times until I picked up to my TN number while I am in bangalore. Some female would ask, sir, we are calling from RDC, do you own a Punto or Linea, I guess service is due, do you need a booking? Initial few calls I politely said I will call in case I need one, but it was crossing limits and I just started to ignore chennai landline calls.
I took delivery of my Punto 1.3 MJD Active Vocal White on November 15th, 2013 from RDC, Nandanam. I first booked Punto 1.2 Fire Dynamic in August and then changed the booking to 1.3 MJD Active. My decision making process was discussed here . I would say the overall buying experience from RDC is above average. The sales person I dealt with was very responsive. As long as, we deal everyone with due respect(Sales, Insurance advisor and CRM) you get it back with proper attention.
From here, its my personal opinion of what I observed during my pre sales interactions with RDC and the feedback is not limited to my transaction alone but few of my friends who visited RDC too. What I've noticed is that the sales folks attitude is not so good, if you are aggressive/non decisive with your negotiations. If you tell them, this is my final offer and if that is less than what the sales person thought he could offer you..........they will simply say thank you and they will let you walk away. They don't make efforts to negotiate then. They will let you go and then they will give it a day or two and then follow up again. I believe this is where they loose the prospective customers to RAMKAY or to others car manufacturers.
If you are an experienced buyer and had dealt with car dealers in the past, you definitely need bit of patience to digest RDC Sales folks reasoning skills. They of course wants to do business and will give discounts too, yet I felt there is always a little essence of ignorance with every one I dealt with in RDC. So we have to be extra cautious and make extra efforts to get everyone's attention. I suggest buyers to be extra careful when it comes to paper work, three people told me five different reasons for a minor space mistake in my name on Registration papers.
<bwhat was="" good="" ?="" b=""> What was good ?
1. Sales person I dealt always answered my call even after delivery and was willing to help.
2. Even thought found very difficult to negotiate, they did offer what I believe is a good OTR price @ Chennai which I will share in my initial ownership report.
3. PDI was given in their yard and problems/clarifications told to RDC were addressed/clarified.
4. House keeping staff were good in the show room, they provided refreshments every time I was in their show room.
5. Sales person didn't fool around all the time, he did offer some valid suggestions on extended warranty/zero dep insurance after asking valid question to understand what kind of an driver we are.
What was bad ?
1. Customer service at all times was average. Initially I booked Petrol model. but when I wanted to switch that to Diesel I had to do visit to showroom. After the booking amount was taken, sales folks never turned by to my office or home. They always gave some reason diplomatically and made me visit them.
2. Accessories part of the deal were not to the mark and not OEM as promised :firey
a) Floor mats - Cheap quality
b) Mud flaps - Cheap quality 'Made for punto' and not Punto OEM
c) Xenon - Reverse parking sensors - sensors were not installed properly. Holes which were drilled for installing sensors were visible even after sensor installation. Though it is very minor and seen only when you see it so closely, its not something you want to see on a new car. Two out of four sensors was not sticked properly.
3. I paid for painting door handles and orvms. While orvm's were painted good, door handles were not. Anyone who had taken a close look could say, door handles color were not matching body color 100%.
Would I recommend RDC Fiat to others ?
Yes. Just because a dealer is selling FIAT they can't do wonders. They are just like any other average car dealer in the market today whose objective is to SELL and not Customer Service. So if you are ok with it, you can work a good deal with them. For first time buyers who wants to buy from RDC, it is highly recommended to take some one who has knowledge on cars and who has dealt car dealers in the past. If you deal them with patience and caution, they will indeed take care of you.</bwhat>
Separate names with a comma.